Every effort has been made to get Vincent Kompany up those Wembley steps at least once more while at City. This competition will be the last Wembley excursion for the season after being knocked out the FA Cup. Of course we still have to face Tottenham away, but you know what I mean.
More from Man City Square
- Rodri believes City can have even more success this season
- Grealish, Stones, and Kovacic will NOT play tomorrow
- My Manchester City UCL Group Stage predictions
- After Injury Guardiola is back in Etihad
- Phil Foden Scores Opener for England Against Scotland
If Kompany lifts the trophy on Sunday, he will become the most succesful Captain in City’s history, and it would be a shame if he wasn’t to make it. I think Pep Guardiola will start the Belgian and possibly put the Argentinian, Nicolas Otamendi alongside him.
Neither took part in that FA Cup defeat, although Kompany was on the bench. On the left I think you will see Danilo. Fabian Delph didn’t exactly cover himself in glory in the recent game, and is banned anyway.
That will mean that Kyle Walker will have an instant chance to rectify his mistake on Monday on the right. Hopefully, on the much better Wembley turf, we will see him bombing up that wing more than he did Monday night.