I had suggested, in the previous slide, that City may rest Vincent Kompany. Of course it depends on how he has been feeling after Sundays game, but I’m not sure you really want to take that chance.
More from Man City Square
- Rodri believes City can have even more success this season
- Grealish, Stones, and Kovacic will NOT play tomorrow
- My Manchester City UCL Group Stage predictions
- After Injury Guardiola is back in Etihad
- Phil Foden Scores Opener for England Against Scotland
The next question is, does Otamendi go again. I would have to say yes. I am not sure the Laporte – Stones partnership was too impressive as of yet.
Partnering Otamendi, providing Kompany is rested, would be Laporte. I think these type of games he would thrive in, and he does need to get back to winning ways sooner rather than later.
On the right I think you have to go for Kyle Walker and on the left, with Delph suspended, I think Zinchenko might be given a start. Danilo doesn’t usually have two decent games in a row, and last time out he did well.