With a 10-point advantage at the top of the table, Manchester City head to the Emirates Stadium to face Arsenal with the designation of runaway champions-elect. Nevertheless, City need to keep their momentum going if they are to make their lead at the top of the Premier League truly insurmountable.
More from Game preview
- Penalty miss from Haaland and later scored, late equalizer from Sheffield and final moment from Rodri extend City’s perfect start in the Premier League
- Manchester City vs Manchester United FA Cup Final: Predicted Lineup for City
- Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion: Predicted Lineups
- Manchester City vs. Real Madrid: Predicted lineup for Manchester City
- Manchester City vs. Real Madrid: The 3 Keys to Victory
They will face a familiar foe in Mikel Arteta’s Gunners, who currently sit 10th in the league. Arsenal have had their fair share of success against Pep Guardiola’s men since his former assistant took over from Unai Emery in North London, but City are in immaculate form.
The Citizens have won 17 in a row in all competitions, and have shown absolutely no signs of slowing down. This team, backed by a rock-solid defense, looks just as dynamic as the record-setting teams of 2017-2019, and seem absolutely unstoppable on current form. This team could receive an even bigger boost for this match, as Kevin De Bruyne may make his full return after coming off the bench in the win against Everton.
Nevertheless, every match presents a new challenge, and a side as talented as Arsenal away from home will pose a significant threat to City’s run. The Blues have been England’s best team without a doubt so far this year, but there is still work to be done to make absolutely sure that they cannot be caught.
Predicted XI: Ederson (GK), João Cancelo (RB), John Stones (CB), Rúben Dias (CB), Oleksandr Zinchenko (LB), Rodri (CDM), İlkay Gündoğan (CAM), Kevin De Bruyne (CAM), Raheem Sterling (RW), Gabriel Jesus (ST), Phil Foden (LW)