Manchester City will head to Wales to face Championship side Swansea City at the Liberty Stadium in the FA Cup fifth round. The Citizens have the chance to make history in this match, as they have won 14 consecutive games across all competitions, which has equaled the all-time English top-flight record.
More from Game preview
- Penalty miss from Haaland and later scored, late equalizer from Sheffield and final moment from Rodri extend City’s perfect start in the Premier League
- Manchester City vs Manchester United FA Cup Final: Predicted Lineup for City
- Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion: Predicted Lineups
- Manchester City vs. Real Madrid: Predicted lineup for Manchester City
- Manchester City vs. Real Madrid: The 3 Keys to Victory
Overall, City are unbeaten across their last 21 and look clearly to be the country’s most in-form side, and will be massive favorites. The Blues have had a close encounter with Swansea in the FA Cup as recently as 2019, where City trailed 2-0 after 29 minutes at the Liberty Stadium before mounting a furious comeback to save their eventual domestic quadruple-winning year.
City are in top form and remain alive in all four major competitions. The FA Cup is hardly the team’s top priority this season, but regaining the trophy following their shock exit at the semi-final stage a year ago would be another impressive achievement for this season’s arrival.
Swansea currently sit third in the Championship and just two points off the league summit with a game in hand. They are well in the mix to return to the Premier League for the first time since their relegation in 2017-18, and will surely give City a fight at home. Given the fixtures continuing at a blistering pace, it could be an opportunity for City to give some rotational players a run in the side while still remaining favorites.
Predicted XI: Zack Steffen (GK), João Cancelo (RB), John Stones (CB), Aymeric Laporte (CB), Benjamin Mendy (LB), Fernandinho (CDM), Rodri (CDM), Bernardo Silva (CAM), Ferran Torres (RW), Gabriel Jesus (ST), Raheem Sterling (LW)